Photo's of me - start & finish

Photo's of me - start & finish

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Aromatic Chicken Curry (Serves 4 at 4 propoints each)

I have just found this on the WW website as we had some half fat creme fraiche in the fridge which I needed to use.

1 tsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 inch piece of ginger, grated
1/2 tsp turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander
1/4 tsp chilli powder & garam masala
200g chopped tomatoes
500g skinless chicken breast, chopped into chunks
150ml chicken stock
2 tbsp creme fraiche

1. Heat the oil and fry the onion, garlic & ginger until softened.  Add the turmeric, cumin, coriander, chilli powder & garam masala, and fry for a few mins.

2. Add the chopped tomatoes and stock, and then the chicken pieces.  Leave to simmer for about 20 mins, or until cooked.

3. Take off the heat and stir in the creme fraiche.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds lovely and my boys like chicken curry too. At only 4 points per serving this is definately a recipe I will try

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Niki

    I just made this, but had to tweak it as I didn't have the exact ingredients. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs, ginger powder (oh sacrilege!) and o% greek yogurt. It was so delicious that two of us ate most of it. I worked out the points and my portion was 11, probably because of the chicken and because I ate too much of it. However, will definitely make it again and use the correct ingredients next time. It doesn't seem to be on the WW site now, but I have printed your version off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made this tonight from an old WW recipe book and it was delicious! It says in the recipe that it serves 2 people (not 4) though. 515 calories per portion.

      Delete