Photo's of me - start & finish

Photo's of me - start & finish

Friday 4 March 2011

Malaysian Chicken (Serves 4 at 4 propoints per serving)

4 small onions, sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
low fat cooking spray
500g chicken breast
4 tsp light brown soft sugar
8 tsp soy sauce
16 tbsp chicken stock
4 tsp rice vinegar or lime juice

1. In a non stick saucepan fry the onions and chilli in low fat cooking spray for 2 mins.

2. Add the chicken and stirfry for 1 min over a high heat, then sprinkle in the sugar and cook for 1 min more until caramelised.

3. Mix the soy sauce, stock and rice vinegar together. Pour over the chicken, cover the pan and simmer gently for 10 mins.

4. Remove the lid, increase the heat and bubble for 2 mins until slightly reduced, tossing the chicken in the sauce to coat.

1 comment:

  1. My first time making this, I was unsure whether or not I would like it but I must I'm impressed. The taste is great and not a lot of ingredients used, simply quite amazing. Thumbs up as my 4yr old would say!

    ReplyDelete